Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gracie's charm

Last night Gracie did not want to sleep in her bed. I am the "mean" one in the family and told her sorry.  She was told she is safe, we are here with her in the same house and most importantly God is watching over her.  For some reason that was not enough.  She started to cry and then the tears rolled.  Since the big storm came through a week ago, she has had trouble going to sleep.  I am so thankful the storms always come at bedtime!!!  Anyway, I had to put Sophie down for bed so I told her I would get daddy to come see her.  It was a way to at least hope she would just fall asleep while waiting.  NOPE!  She waited on daddy, then really upped the charm.  
She asked daddy if she was his princess.  Daddy says, "of course you are. You are my favorite princess. "  Then she proceeded to bring on crocodile tears and looked him in the eyes and said, "Then daddy I just can't do this!"  Next thing I know, here he comes with Gracie in his arms and said, " she just broke my heart."  So, Gracie and Sam ended up sleeping on the couch together last night.  When Bart told her goodnight and he loved her she replied, " Daddy...... I really love you!"
SUCKER! Oh but how sweet it is!  How could anyone say no to that?!  Sweet girl!

No comments: