Monday, March 9, 2009

MORE DOCTORS!


Well, Gracie girl has not felt good for about three weeks now.  We are quite concerned about her and the doctor is doing multiple tests on her.   Today we went to discuss her situation again and for him to look at her.  She was so big!  Then he told me that we were going to have to draw blood from her arm.  I thought I was going to cry or pass out from the thought of telling her what we had to do.  So, I put my big girl panties on and rose to the task at hand.  We went to the lab and sat and talked (about everything except why we were there.)  They called her name and off we went.  They handed us paperwork and then told her she was to sit in a big chair.  At this time I told her what we had to do and immediately she started crying and screaming.  When I say screaming I mean.... someone is trying to kill me screaming.  It was horrible.  I had to hold her down as they took blood out of her arm.   She screamed at the top of her lungs and kicked until they were done.  She got a pink bandage to cover her wound and off we went.  When we got home, Sam told her he had prayed for her and had a surprise.  She looked at him and then showed him her boo boo and said,  " Look Sam, blood fection!!!!"  It was so funny.  She had heard so much that day  but was not sure what was going on.  I love the things they come up with.  When you think about it, please pray for little Gracie.  

2 comments:

Abby Shwoo said...

Poor gracie! We will definitely be praying for her.

Denyse said...

Poor little thing! When Hallie was about her age, she had to have some blood drawn from her arm too. She sat perfectly still and never twitched or moved a muscle. I was so proud of her, until as we exited the lab she proclaimed LOUDLY for everyone in the waiting room, "THAT NURSE IN THERE HURT ME! SHE REALLLLLY HURT ME!"
Hope Gracie's on the mend :)