Saturday, May 30, 2009

5-31-09 Blessed

Today I was blessed by my friend Amy. Her son was turning seven and they were having a swim party for him. We were suppose to drop our kids off and then pick them up later. I have never been able to do that with Sam due to his diabetes. I was a little nervous but not too bad. Amy and Bryan are dear friends and I knew they would take care of him. So, I sent his meter along with his list of "rules" for the party... when to check him, if he is low, when to recheck him and how much cake he could have and what time he could have it. All that good stuff! Amy was confident and I knew she would be great.
I never worried about him. I went back to pick him up and he was doing great. He had a blast. He had lots of exciting things to tell me. She had gotten him diet coke and water to drink. She had checked him and his blood sugar was 150 (perfect!) and had given him his piece of cake. All was well.
It was such a blessing for her to go above and beyond to have what Sam needed. It was so good to feel "normal" and not pack a big bag for him of "his stuff." We just walked in and off he went. I could have cried it felt so good.
Thank you Amy for allowing us a few moments of normalcy. It was just what I needed today. Thank you Lord for friends who go above and beyond to care for our son. Sweet gifts from the Lord.

No comments: