Wednesday, June 3, 2009

VBS - June 3rd 2009


Summer is here and Vacation Bible Schools are popping up. I love this and want my kids to really be involved in VBS. I have so many amazing memories from these events. I usually stress about time table and snacks at these events with Sam. Well, once again, the Lord has blessed us with people who go above and beyond. Mrs. Rhonda went to Cosco and bought snacks for the event and she thought about Sam and his needs and got a snack that fell into his 20-25 carb count and then bought Crystal Light to drink. It was amazing to tell him to go to the snack table and pick out which annie bunny bag he wanted. Then he could go and get his own drink. FABULOUS!! It was a good night. There are not words to describe the joy this brings me when I do not have to offer an explanation for why he cannot have something or why it is not time for his snack. Then there is usually the explanation to the other kids on why they have to wait to make it fair to Sam, which we did not have tonight. It was just a good night. Thank you Rhonda.

Tomorrow I take Sam to his routine Children's check-up to see where his A1C falls for three months. It will not be good. He has been all over the place lately. He is up and then an hour later he will be low. This makes for a crummy A1C. (A1C is the average blood sugar number over a three month span) We will be switching to a new insulin in a few weeks. It is called Lantis. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Please pray all this transition is a smooth one. I will update tomorrow. Nite all.

No comments: